My crossing of Vietnam by motorbike, it's 22 days of travel, 12 cities, 16 mechanic stops, 55 litres of petrol, 2 flat tyres. Thousands of motorbikes overtaken, hundreds of animals dodged, dozens of buses avoided, an incalculable number of encounters and unforgettable memories.
You too want to make this trip, or you are simply curious. You want to know which visa to take, where to buy a motorbike, where to maintain it, where to live, where to eat and how much it will cost you?
You can now find all this information on Ryan's travel blog in the article Advice and guide for a motorbike trip in Vietnam.
AND HERE IS MY COMPLETE GUIDE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
- Where you can buy and sell your bike and where to avoid!
- What you should definitely check before buying to avoid being ripped off
- Precautions to take to protect yourself from theft
- How can you go from Vietnam to Laos or Cambodia with your bike
- How to solve small problems on the road even if you know nothing about mechanics
- How much small repairs can cost
- How to find your way on the roads, which ones to avoid and which ones not to miss
- Several ideas of itineraries to visit Vietnam by motorbike according to your tastes and the time you have.
- All you need to know about how to get your visa
- Some nice addresses for accommodation
- How to deal with the police and bribes
- Which insurance to choose for your trip
And much more in this guide of almost 100 pages!
Now it's my turn to say these words that we've heard so often: "Have a safe trip".